Effective date: December 13, 2018
At Stork Club, we take the respect and protection of your privacy and security very seriously. We are committed to following and continuously evolving best practices to support this principle.
User Information – In General.
Protected Health Information (PHI) — Health-related data.
PHI is Personal Information that we receive as part of your account activation and administration on Stork Club that relates to
- your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
- the provision of healthcare to you, or
- your past, present or future payment for the provision of healthcare, which is created, received, transmitted or maintained by Stork Club.
What Information We Collect
What types of information we collect from you depends on how you use the Services, what Services you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, and when you administer your account
- Input information or data into any of our Services, or post or upload Content to our Services
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media
- Contact our third-party providers via forms or video calls via Stork Club
- Contact us for User support or technical support
- Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
- Interact with other Stork Club Users and guests on our community forums
Information related to the activation and creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as an end User of Stork Club is what we call "User Information." User Information may include certain "personally identifiable information" or "PII", such as your name, email address, gender, postal address and phone number. It also may include payment information, such as payment method, credit card information, and any contact information (such as name and postal address) associated with payment billing information. If you are an end User using the Services through an account created on your behalf by a Stork Club User (such as an employer, organization of which you are a member or another individual), we may collect and process User Information about you on behalf of the Stork Club User with whom your use of the Services is associated.
When you create an account with Stork Club, we may collect certain User Information directly from you or, if you create your account using a third-party service (such as Google or a single sign-on service such as Okta), we may collect User Information about you from the third-party service (such as your Username or User ID associated with that third-party service). By choosing to create an account using a third-party service, you authorize us to collect User Information necessary to authenticate your account with the third-party service provider.
PLEASE NOTE: By using the Services, you consent to and authorize Stork Club to disclose your eligibility for and participation in the Services (i.e., you are interested in using family-related benefits and your chosen current status) to the other users of the Services. The users, including but not limited to administrators, care navigators, vetted experts and other authorized Stork Club personnel, and your fellow Community members, will have access to a range of Personal Information such as your username and picture, linking you to your current family goal/status and location.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and/or services to you. Without specific authorization and/or consent, we limit the rights of our agents to use Personal Information we share with them to that which is minimally necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Any information you choose to provide or upload to the group or public forum components (our Community) of the Services, including Personal Information about your health and medical condition, will be visible to your group, as well as health coaches, administrators, and other users. As your information will be viewable to the other users of the Site, the Mobile App and the Services, you should provide only the information you feel comfortable disclosing. There may be an opportunity to speak on the phone or via video chat in a group conference call.
Participation in such opportunities is not mandatory, but should you choose to participate, you should share only as much information as you feel comfortable sharing in these additional forums.
Information Collected Automatically Through Your Use of the Services
We collect information about how you use the Services and your actions on the Services, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, mobile carrier), pages or features of Stork Club used and associated dates and time stamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Services. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, session replay scripts, and similar technologies ("tracking technologies"). We may also work with third-party partners to employ tracking technologies.
We can share collected information with your Employer (the party that sponsors your account) only in anonymized format. If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, you may set your browser to refuse or disable these data collection methods, but doing so may change your experience with the Services.
We collect limited location information: your zip code if you’re logged in and limited location information if you’re not. For example, we convert your IP address into a rough geolocation to understand in what areas our Users are located and to improve and personalize Stork Club (for example, to display time data in the correct local time).
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We may collect information by aggregating and anonymizing other information. The aggregation and anonymization process prevents the information from being reassociated or identified with any one User account, User, or individual. We may use aggregated and anonymized information for a wide variety of statistical and analytical purposes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what Services you use (or features of the Services). These purposes may include:
- Providing the Services to you
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you
- Providing User support or technical assistance
- Contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased
- Marketing Stork Club products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts
- Creating or administering your account, including identifying you with your account or the account of a Stork Club User
- Managing your benefits and payments
- Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other Users
- Securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in "How we share information", below
- Any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is aggregated and anonymized
Personally Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may use personally identifiable information (including those contained within the User Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only as to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for User support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Services). If you wish to change these instructions, either by request, by correcting, amending, or deleting information we may have collected about you, or by opting out of certain data collection practices, please see "Managing Your Information", below.
How We Share Information
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, communication.
- With third-party service providers who enable certain aspects of the Services that you’ve requested, such as vetted by Stork Club experts, in-network clinics, care navigators (for example, by scheduling a call with one of our experts in Stork Club using the Talk to experts feature).
- With vendors we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may use third-party data analytics services).
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Stork Club business, assets, or stock.
- With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is aggregated and anonymized.
How We Secure Your Information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Your Information
You may access, correct, amend, or delete User Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your Profile page. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so by sending us an email at email@example.com. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Stork Club features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
You may access, correct, amend, or delete your Content by accessing it within Stork Club Community. You control all Content you upload. Content you delete (including Content containing personal information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history and base snapshots. For instructions on how to permanently delete Content from your Stork Club Community account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
Cookies and tracking technologies – how to opt out
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Services.
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker plug-in such as Ghostery.
International transfers (including transfers outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in the United States, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our Users and service providers. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information (including User Information, Content, and personally identifiable information) to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including the United States. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any Content, you can legally transfer it to the United States or another country.
With respect to transfers of information out of the European Union (EU), we may process some personally identifiable information pursuant to data processing agreements that include the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about our data processing agreements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information from children
Stork Club is not directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 18.
Changes to Terms